Thursday, November 16, 2006

Knitting questions for readers

Not much new to report knitting-wise. I'm continuing work on the skinnier version of my fourth FO and compiling yarn questions for Kristin so I can make some good choices on my Friday shopping excursion. I'm very excited to see what new yarn I find.

As it turns out, being out of yarn this week hasn't been much of a problem. The screening schedule--six films in three days--has gobbled a lot of time and energy. I'm aiming to finish the skinny scarf and another of my original seven before Thanksgiving. I think I can make some big strides toward that goal this weekend. Other than watching the hockey games on TV, I don't have any plans. The weather is pretty miserable right now, so cooping up and knitting sounds like a good way to stay warm and dry.

I've done plenty of talking in this space, so today I'd like to throw some questions out there for your input. I would be ever so grateful if you would use the comments to answer the questions. It's not a test, so don't sweat it.

-What knitting blogs, websites, and podcasts do you recommend? Feel free to plug your own.

-What do you like to listen to while knitting?

And two technical questions:

-If you use Blogger, have you tried the new beta version? I know you can't change your blog back after switching, so I'm curious to hear if anyone has had any problems with it. All I've found so far is this review.

-When searching for Knitting Confidential posts on Bloglines, there is no preview of what I've written. Does anyone know if this is a Blogger or Bloglines issue? I decided to switch to a short description for syndicated posts because the full description seemed excessive on one's Bloglines feeds page.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Next...restocking my stash.

2 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the blitheringknitiot is a great blog. Also january one, to be completely awed by someone's talents See Eunny knit is an amazing blog.

Sorry don't know how to hyperlink in comments, but they should google. I use Wordpress so can't answer your Blogger questions.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger the secret knitter said...

I've been able to find them all with Google. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to check them out later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home