Monday, April 09, 2007

Tapped out

Write, write, write. In the last 24 hours or so I have written three movie reviews and my Easter blog entry. You know what you're getting here now? Not much, I'm sorry to report. I'm tapped out for today. Never fear. My writer's block days seem to be behind me for the foreseeable future, so I expect to have my word count replenished on Tuesday.

Rather than make this a totally useless entry, I'd like to invite lurkers to delurk and everyone to suggest potential projects (with links, if applicable). I'm at a loss regarding what to make for myself, and when it comes to baby things--which most assuredly are not for me--I don't know where to begin. One set of friends has had a boy; another couple is expecting a girl.

OK, have at it in the comments. Sorry for this lame way of keeping the daily blogging intact. This one's free.

4 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could go with a sweater for yourself. Knitty.com have some really lovely ones for men in their archives, or you could bite the bullet and try socks. I'm new to socks (only made 3 1/2 pairs) but they are fun to do and MUCH easier than I had anticipated.

If you decide to go with the socks I can send you the link to the tutorial that helped me the most.

Happy decision making...

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Karen said...

What about trying these? http://www.geocities.com/blossomknitwear/superquickbabysocks I did these as my first socks, and they got me ready to move on to adult socks. They are quick, and really were easy. The plus side is that I also ended up with cute baby gifts.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger the secret knitter said...

Sock knitting is a cult, isn't it? :)

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger donnadb said...

Daily blogging demands some I-have-nothing-to-say entries. No apologies necessary. I have yet to swing into socks, but I have my easy sock kit and I am excited. Once I get done with the never-ending (but very instructive) long-way scarf.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home