Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Weird cravings

I don't know why I suddenly wanted them, I don't know when I last had them, but the craving presented itself. The next time I was at the grocery, I bought some.

I'm talking about sandwich cookies. Sure, Oreos are sandwich cookies, but I'm talking about them in the general sense. Some are chocolate, some aren't. (Some are lemon.) They all have that sweet creme filling.

My grandmother always had cookies of some kind in a jar that I'd stop in and get after school when I was in junior high and high school. My brothers surely followed suit. Her house was across the street from the family business, which is where I'd put in a couple hours once classes were over. Sometimes the jar had cookies she made. (Sometimes those were in the freezer.) Other times there were sandwich cookies. They're usually among the cheapest cookies you can buy at the grocery, especially since all I found today were the store brand in a minimally designed package. I know at least one brand existed, but for all I know, they've been discontinued like Hydrox.

Who knows what spurred me to think of them and go to the trouble of buying them. (It's like that Pringles phase I went through this year.) I suspect I'm going to struggle to polish off the package now that I have them. It was still nice to bring back the memories associated with the sandwich cookies.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11:28 PM, Anonymous LittleWit said...

Heh if you got lemon or vanilla i can help you finish them. :) Those are some good cookies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home