Friday, July 23, 2010

Summer in the city

For the past year or so I've been reading about the food trucks popping up around Columbus. I've been curious to try them, but either I've not known where they are or am not usually in the areas where they set up shop when it's mealtime. A friend clued me in that one of these is in the vicinity of somewhere I frequently am, so I made a point to check out El Manantial Latino.

Although it was suppertime, I wasn't extremely hungry, so I just ordered two tacos, one with asada and one with pollo, and a bottle of pineapple soda to keep me fueled for the rest of the night. Total cost: $4.50. I took a seat on a stool at the counter, and shortly thereafter the tacos came off the grill as sizzling as today's high temperature and were placed before me. Yeah, it didn't take long to clean them up. Good stuff.

I still had some soda remaining, so I took the bottle with me as I made my way toward my destination. Walking in the steamy early evening with some hot, fresh food in my stomach and a cold bottle in my hand just felt like what summer in the city is or should be like.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Pineapple soda, eh? Yum!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home