Sunday, April 15, 2007

Working for the weekend

This weekend certainly went by in a flash. If I wasn't preparing for moving, I was knitting. I feel like I made more progress on the needles than in the apartment, but something is better than nothing.

It's easier to gauge my knitting progress, obviously. With the apartment I have no idea how much time it will take to complete everything. I feel somewhat better about the state the place is in, but I'm going to have to stay on top of it or else.

If anything, maybe regular moving preparations will make my headaches go away. I've had them off and on this past week and woke up with one Saturday morning. That didn't make me feel like trudging through the process of determining what to keep and what to throw out. The heat was on for today to be more productive. I did much better and even tackled cleaning the bathroom, the place where it's a constant losing battle versus mold. I won't miss this bathroom at all. It is very small, nothing works all that well, and there's no ventilation, so mold is always a problem.

Amid my tireless work on another baby blanket, I nearly forgot to sew the button onto the bib I finished yesterday. (I'm giving it and the baby hat to the father tomorrow.) I've increased the blanket to almost one hundred stitches, which includes completing one skein of the Plymouth Encore Chunky yarn, since starting it last night. Yeah, I've been knitting like mad. This one seems to be going much faster than the first. The stitches are sliding more easily on the circular needles, and the yarn splits less. I'm more comfortable with the circs too. The blanket might be lighter and not as soft as the first one I made, but my knitting is very even.

I'm guessing that there was no newspaper stakeout as hinted last Sunday. The plastic wrapper for today's paper had my address and a warning not to steal it written on it. I don't know that the message dissuaded the likely thieves as much as the fact that I heard those guys get in very, very late. Thanks for waking me up at 3 a.m., fellas.

2 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to ask about the stakeout. Glad you got your paper!

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Like Ruth, I was wondering about your Sunday newspaper. So happy it arrived. Sorry about your headaches. As a migraine sufferer, I know how a headache can wreck one's day.

Having used Plymouth Encore myself, I have to say I find it much nicer than Lion Homespun. I think you'll be pleased with the results of the baby blanket.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home